Contact Info

Českomoravský Cement to rebrand as Heidelberg Materials CZ at start of 2024

Czech Republic: Heidelberg Materials subsidiary Českomoravský Cement will change its name to Heidelberg Materials CZ on 1 January 2024. Germany-based Heidelberg Materials’ other subsidiaries in the country – including Českomoravský Beton, Českomoravský Šterk, Pískovny Morava and Tras-Servis – will retain their names but appear under the holding company brand. Českomoravský Cement operates two integrated plants […]

FLSmidth raises sales in first half of 2023 – Cement industry news from Global Cement – Global Cement

Denmark: FLSmidth’s sales were US$1.82bn during the first half of 2023, up by 28% year-on-year from US$1.43bn in the first half of 2022. Its earnings before interest, taxation and amortisation (EBITA) fell by 7%, to US$83.1m from US$89.3m. The supplier recorded a new order intake worth US$1.64m, down by 14% from US$1.9m. New cement orders […]

China National Building Material divests Qilianshan Cement

China: China National Building Material (CNBM) has divested control of Qilianshan Cement to China Communications Construction (CCC) and China Urban-Rural Holding Group as part of an asset restructuring agreement agreed in May 2022. Following the transaction CCC holds an 85% equity interest in Qilianshan Cement and China Urban-Rural controls the remaining 15% portion. As part […]

Hoffmann Green Cement Technologies and the Scientific and Technical Centre for Building extend strategic partnership

France: Hoffmann Green Cement Technologies and the Scientific and Technical Centre for Building (CSTB) have extended their current strategic partnership for a further three years. The partners plan to assess current and future technologies, in particular with regard to clay-based cement technologies, such as Hoffmann Green Cement Technologies’ H-EVA and H-P2A cement products. Hoffmann Green […]

Fortera continues construction of low-carbon cementitious material plant at CalPortland's Redding cement plant – Global Cement

US: In 2022, Fortera began building a 15,000t/yr-capacity plant to produce its low-carbon cementitious material, Fortera Reactive Calcium Carbonate (RCC), at CalPortland’s Redding cement plant in California. The commercial-scale plant will produce a reactive form of calcium carbonate using CO2 from the kiln of the 600,000t/yr cement plant. Fortera’s process converts 1t of limestone into 1t […]

Invercem commissions 220,000t/yr Pisco grinding plant – Cement industry news from Global Cement – Global Cement

Peru: Invercem has successfully commissioned its new 220,000t/yr Pisco grinding plant in Ica Department. Management News has reported that the plant cost US$30m to build. Cemex Peru will supply clinker for use in cement production at the plant. Invercem plans to supply cement produced at the plant to the Cusco market under the Patrón brand. […]

US cement shipments fall in first nine months of 2023

US: Shipments of cement, including imports, in the US and Puerto Rico fell by 2.5% year-on-year to 80.7Mt in the first nine months of 2023 from 82.8Mt in the same period in 2022, according to data from the United States Geological Survey (USGS). Shipments fell in most states with the exception of Texas and Pennsylvania. […]